Why Apartment Property Managers Need Air Conditioning Repair Services
Summer is a season of fun, but with temperatures reaching at least 90 degrees and the relatively high humidity level in most of Georgia, a properly functioning AC is a must for any comfortable residence. If the air conditioning were to fail at your apartment complex, you, your management team and the maintenance crew would have an emergency on your hands. If you don’t want to bear the repercussions that would come as a result of tenants living without AC, you need to keep your complex’s AC units in great condition at all times. Without air conditioning repair services, the AC units of your complex will inevitably fail, leaving your residents without cool air during the dead of summer.
What Does Georgia Law Say About Air Conditioning Repair Services?
In the state of Georgia, the law requires landlords to ensure that the rental property is habitable by providing heat, providing electricity, maintaining the plumbing and keeping the facility structurally sound. Landlords are not required to provide air conditioning, but if the apartment has an AC unit when the tenant first moves in, the landlord should make sure it works. If it does not work, that would be a breach of contract.
In case the AC for any particular apartment goes out, you as the landlord should have it repaired within two business days – unless the tenant or a house guest is accountable for its failure.
Here’s how a resident should handle a broken air conditioner:
- Call the landlord or the maintenance department specified in your rental agreement and inform them of the issue.
- Send a written notice. Make sure you include the date the AC failed and other pertinent details – e.g. the apartment number and contact information. Keep a copy for yourself.
- If the landlord fails to address the issue after receiving the notice, the resident can hire a credible air conditioning repair services provider that charges a reasonable rate to fix the AC. If the issue is left unaddressed, the tenants are legally allowed to deduct the expenses from their rent – as long as they pay rent on time. Both parties should keep a copy of the receipt and a detailed statement of the scope of work.
Air Conditioning Repair Services Advise on How to Keep Your Cool While Your AC is Out
Living in an apartment with a broken air conditioner during the summer can be miserable for your tenants. No one deserves to endure the harsh summer heat, so consider these tips to make your tenants lives a little more comfortable while your AC is out.
- Buy some floor fans or window AC units. As the landlord, you should offer portable fans and window AC units for emergencies like this. Give priority to seniors and tenants who are ill.
- Advise to keep everyone hydrated, including pets. While a tenant’s AC is out, stress the importance of staying hydrated. Advise them to drink plenty of water. Dehydration can be common during these moments.
Credible Air Conditioning Repair Services at an Unbeatable Price
A broken AC in the midst of an unbearably hot summer can be one of the worst things that can happen to anyone. Thankfully, there is someone that can help. We at TemperaturePro North Atlanta are always ready to address your HVAC needs. Our team of highly skilled, NATE-certified technicians will do everything right the first time to ensure your tenants’ comfort and satisfaction.
We will gladly address all your questions about our air conditioning repair services, so please contact us or give us a call at (678) 335-4769 today. There’s nothing we won’t do for your comfort. You can count on it!